Do you have an innovative idea?
Throw it to the sharks!
EcoTech Visions is inviting entries that represent the most innovative new ideas in for our quarterly Shark Tank Competition. The winner(s) of the 2018 Shark Tank Competition will receive international recognition and compete for investment beginning at $250,000 to support the development and commercialization of an important new product, technology, service businesses or therapeutic concepts in Big Data, Fintech, CleanTech/SpaceTech, Medtech and/or Lifestyle/consumer Products.
The deadline for submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI), pitch deck and 60 second pitch video is Monday, March 9th, 2018. The Shark Tank review committee will select as many as five finalists. All finalists will be invited to present their product concepts or candidates at the 2018 quarterly Investor Pitch to 6-10 accredited investors. (Sharks) representing physicians and scientists, corporate executives, leading industry investors, people with epilepsy, and advocates. All finalist selected to pitch will have an equal chance to gain investment from the (Sharks) in the room. The project(s) deemed to bet innovative will receive investment on the spot.
LOI Applications due Friday, March 9th, 2018.
The proposal must include information about intellectual property, and a brief development outline with milestones for deliverables. Explain the potential impact on people society, terms of the creativity/ingenuity of the concept, as well as significance of this concept as an disrupter.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to move the proposed plan to completion, showing how the investment can accelerate any step along the path to market.
- Inventors who submitted ideas for previous Shark Tank Competitions are encouraged to re-submit their ideas if substantial progress has been made.
- Pay $35 application fee
- Applicants may reside in any country. No specific background or experience is required.
Following the submission of your application please click the payment below to process your $35 application fee. Otherwise, your application will not be accepted.
Address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for a Letter of Intent
Please submit your LOI by Friday, March 9th, 2018, 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
Proposal Content And Layout
- Title of proposed project (maximum 50 characters)
- Leader (name, title, affiliation, address, telephone, email address)
- Key collaborators (names, titles, affiliations)
- Brief summary of project goals and plans/approaches (not to exceed half a page)
- Brief description of what is unique about the project. If it is competitive to any existing product or service, please describe how your project compares to any competitor. (1 paragraph)
- Detailed description of how you plan to accomplish the overall plan (1 page)
- Estimated steps/milestones/timeline to reach patients
- Brief description of intellectual property position and potential for commercialization: Investment potential and likelihood of ongoing funding.
- Anticipated total budget and outline of what a investment of up to $250,000 will allow you to accomplish
- Must not exceed 5 pages, inclusive of all information listed above. Minimum 12 point font.
- Convert LOI document to a PDF and send to email@example.com.
- A confirmation email will be replied to within 24-48 hours upon receipt of your LOI submission. If you have not received confirmation, please call: 305-399-5556.
Pitch deck Outline: No More than 12 slides
- Vision and value
- Target Market and opportunity
- Revenue model/ business model
- Traction and validation/roadmap
- Marketing and sales strategy
- Investment and use of funds
- Other slides: partners, Exit strategy, Demo/screenshots
Pitch Video Outline:
The video should mimic the Pitch deck Slides defined above and be no more that 60 seconds. Entrepreneurs invited to pitch in person with have 5 minutes to pitch and 3minutes for Q and A.
Proposals will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Potential benefit and appeal to the planet
- Current traction
- Intellectual Property Strategy and Status: Freedom to operate
- Timeframe and probability of success
- Revenue generation
- Overall Impression of leadership
Selected Proposals/Finalists will be notified by Tuesday, March 20th, 2018.